Monday, October 03, 2005

Why does pop suck??

"You listen to Backstreet Boys?Holy frickin shit!"

"You bloody listen to pop?Mann....You suck,so does your pop!"

"The next time you wear this T-shirt,I'm gonna fuck you there and then!"

Has it happened to anyone,or its just my story?Anyways,this blog is meant for mine so I'll go ahead.
It starts with me getting into one damn college,one damn IIT,one of those rock temples of India.And I was one sinner in that temple,a sinner who listened to another musical genre,or letsay,worshipped an altogether different religion,the Pop.These Linkin Parks and Iron Maidens were totally alien to my musical taste,but as they say,'When in Rome,do the Romans',so I began on my new journey,the 'rock way'.I perceived rock to be a bunch of long-haired,untidy,tooo cool for their own ass,doper and boozer and fagger hooligans,shouting at the top of their voices(comes from their heart they say),with the music being more,rather much more prominent than the singing.But it had another dimension,it was music afterall,an entirely different music.I must admit I did not really like rock music in the first go,probably i felt the extent to which the people are mad about it surpasses the quality of music,it aint that good,probably my expectations were too high then.But then I experienced the so called salvation,the rock nirvana,and i became a part of those crazy,though not-so-crazy hooligans.I started,if not worshipping, then atleast,respecting and appreciating rock.
But that brings me to what this is all about.If rock rocks,then why does pop suck?Can't a person have simultaneous liking for two different music styles?After listening to almost all genres of rock,I still have the same adoration and same fascination for the same old Backstreet Boys.Jennifer Lopez still pleases me and I still enjoy Enrique to the same extent I used to.It is my liking and my heart and if I derive pleasure out of the things that piss you off,I cant help it.If some particular rock genre seems nothing more to me than a mere cacaphony,I cant help it.If my choice is not in accordance with yours,I even cant help it.I atleast maintained my decency enough by not wearing my BSB T-shirt in a rock show,so why not maintain your decency enough to shut your holes and not blurt out anything against what you dont like and others do.Everyone's different and thats how it should be.Why practice some kind of music chauvanism?"If rock rocks,then so does pop!",you dig that sucka?

1 Comments:

Blogger @archie@ said...

right said frend!!!

8:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home