Sunday, January 15, 2006

Life


A few yards ahead,
As I was told,
My tread fastened,
In the dusky cold.

Moments later,
There will be darkness,
It sought patience,I thought,
And time was less.

One night,
And he would go,
Some other village,
Twas heard so.

From far-off,
I spotted a queue,
A thousand souls,
Were already due.

I saw colours,
I saw light,
Them being carved,
And painted bright.

The fantasies, fascinations,
Would soon come true,
I so wished the queue,
Reduces to a few.

I joined in,
Waiting for my turn,
Visualizations,
For which I did yearn.

At the stroke of midnight,
It did come,
My joy inexplicable,
But eyes fearsome.

Will it hurt,
Was all I could ask,
Excitement overshadowed fear,
Thus began the task.

An attractive shape,
To begin with, he cut,
And then he chiseled them,
It did hurt, but.

And then he painted them,
Lovely rose,
I appreciated myself,
For the colour I chose.

A part of my soul,
I paid him in all,
Adoring their beauty,
In the mirror on the wall.

Contented,
I walked back place,
Appreciations within,
At an easy pace.

That night,
I did sleep calm,
Serene dreams,
Keeping me warm.

But the dawn came,
With a thought too shallow,
Would I fly,
With wings so bijou.

The worst of my fears,
Did come alive,
Too midget they were,
Too midget to fly.

Thats what life does,
Cuts its wings for the world,
It appears beautiful,
Like a beautiful dead bird.
A Beautiful Dead Bird.........

4 Comments:

Blogger Sakshi said...

original kya???? :O

2:27 AM  
Blogger @archie@ said...

ju....
thanx re

sak....
i only put original stuff yaar!!

7:31 AM  
Blogger @archie@ said...

abbe......no lies at all!!!
n m open to criticism so u can be a lil more clear!!

7:43 AM  
Blogger Lyrical Craziness Personified said...

disturbing...!!

that only means the job was decently well done...!!

your style of rendition is starkly different from what i generally seek...

nonetheless the idea struck & hard, I must say...!!

Good one!! :)

2:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home