Thursday, October 13, 2005

What you wear is what you wear!

No I've neither boozed nor doped,I know the title might reflect so.But thats just a semi-statement,I am of the view that "what you wear,you wear it in your attitude".
The subconscious works in a strange way.Picture this,you get up in the morning,open your almirah,and there you have a plethora of clothing,all sorts,so you analyze your wardrobe,obviously think about the day's set of activities,and suddenly you take a pick,or two if you are confused,isnt it?So,the common perception is that we "wear the occasion",as the famous catchline of some suiting company goes.Well,my views differ on this.Now how many times has it happened that one feels like being in a shirt and a decent trousers,(which is thought of as a formal outfit,only for "the" occasions,the age-old preconceived notion),on any usual same-as-other day.Do you always want to wear formals in the so called and believed formal functions?Atleast it has happened to me!I wore a shirt yesterday,no good reason at all,just by my inner prompting,and tucked it in too,which is the rarest of the rarest for me, and trust me,every second person I knew would ask me:"Kya baat hai,bahut formal shormal ho rahe ho?"It isn't that they didn't compliment me,nor was it odd to notice my awkwardly sudden change of dressing sense,but this word "formal" was always there.Why is a tucked in shirt always formal,while a t-shirt informal?If your answer is "thats the way it has always been",give it another thought.Aren't we supposed to make our own rules,the ones that govern our life,if not others'?If my heart feels I should wear something absolutely whacky,(when I say whacky,I simply refer to something thats "considered" unsuitable for the occasion, sticking inside the limit of non-obscenities),then why not?It feels from within that every dress,every colour,every combination,is related to a mood,and we generally tend to be inclined towards wanting to wear the costume best suited,or adjusted,or in perfect accordance to it,it happens unconsciously,or to put it more aptly,subconsciously!Now I won't extend my fattas to what represents what coz its different for everyone,plus then,that would be too much of fattas,let the nature analysts do it.All I would put is"Just wear your attitude!"I'm feeling like wearing shirts nowadays which I hardly possess,but to continue my yesterday's legacy,and out of my human instincts,I'm wearing another of those black shirts today,tucked in!!So,how do I look?

1 Comments:

Blogger @archie@ said...

agreed!!!!!!!!!

8:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home