Wednesday, February 01, 2006

The Morning













A new sunrise,

another dawn,
Eyes semi-opened,
A morning yawn.

Silence,
I no longer could hear,
The unusual voices,
sleep could hardly bear.

An uncanny mourning,
in air prevailed,
My thoughts,
in all directions sailed.

I heard his whining,
I could hear him cry,
Restlesness, any further,
forbade me to lie.

I jumped out of bed,
to follow the voice,
Slowly, hesitant,
certainly not by choice.

Every step,
made the cry louder,
I walked down the backyard,
he sounded familiar.

Miles away,
a human figure,
Sat by a tombstone,
crying, I thought, was de rigueur.

Awe developed into shock,
shock moulded to fear,
The voice echoed within me,
as the silhoutte drew near.

I began to run,
at the best of my pace,
In the opposite direction,
avoiding a glance at his face.

But moments could I run,
then tripped over a rock,
Unmoved, I lay there,
unconsciousness, a while, did I mock.

How could he be omnipresent,
I desired to run away,
Why only now, I feared,
how can today be the day?

And then I had to give up,
it was no ordinary stone,
In bold, it had my name carved,
and the face of the man was my own.

By my own grave,
I sat down and cried.........

8 Comments:

Blogger @archie@ said...

mannnn....guess who's da first one to comment...bugs!!!
abbe ye sab main tujhe personally samjhaunga!!!actually aaj samjha diya na!!!
thanx fr commentin!!!m honoured!!!

6:53 AM  
Blogger @archie@ said...

hiren...
thanx man....!!!thanx soo verry much!!!coz urs is the first comment im gettin frm sm1 i dont kno.....so im assured fr the first time its not just stated to please me!!!

9:06 AM  
Blogger M&M said...

abe kya chutia ho gaya hai?poem par poem.Thats why I dont surf ur blog anymore.

8:50 AM  
Blogger @archie@ said...

thats coz tere ko samajh nahi aati poems!!!

6:50 AM  
Blogger Ridhi said...

i guess if i comment now..its pretty insignificant....
anyways wassup at ur end?

9:07 PM  
Blogger @archie@ said...

well it wont be insignificant yaaar....!!!its neva to late to comment on mah blog!!!;D

8:50 AM  
Blogger Lily said...

Surbhi kept mentioning your blog...its brilliant...nice poems...u have a flair...thanx for commenting on my blog, got me to yours finally...gona be one of your regulars from now...keep up the good work :)

10:29 PM  
Blogger @archie@ said...

lily....
thanx..so is urs....btw ive started writin em lately....used to b more f prose earlier!!!

3:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home